Friday, February 12, 2010

Just to share...

Just wanted to share the wit of one of my Ladies. She's reading some bodice-ripper romance novel, and in that novel there is a description which she shared with me of a gentlemen interesting to our ladyfaire main character. I will relate the conversation as it went.

She, reading aloud: "She thought, too, of his tall athletic figure, his strong jaw and cleft chin, his chocolate brown eyes".

Me, wretching slightly: "Stop it, or I'll send you out to make dinner right now and not let you finish that chapter! I suppose this fellow has a pecker that thumps him solidly in the chest as it rises!"

She, all deadpan and innocent: "Where did you suppose the cleft in his chin comes from?"



I just love her!!

3 comments:

Missy n’ B said...

Hahaa! That's GREAT!

Did you let her finish the chapter?

Missy

turiya said...

LOL... good one!

spirited

MagnusCattus said...

Yes Missy, but I still didn't let her read it out loud.